One of my favorite parts about the Rochester real estate business is that I get to work with such a fantastic team each day. All of them are so very good at helping our clients sell and buy homes. We see or talk to each other pretty much each day as we try to guide our clients through the ins and outs of homeownership. But time spent together outside of work is just as important. It makes us feel even more like a team when we can get together and laugh and create together. Sure, we talk about real estate but mostly we just enjoy each other’s company. From the silly to the serious, our conversations run the gamut.
A few weeks ago, we (safely) gathered to make this Halloween season a little more joyful by carving pumpkins and roasting the seeds for snacking. And O.M.G. the recipe was out of this world delicious! So delicious, in fact, that you should try it!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash pumpkin seeds in a colander to remove the pulp and fibers. Thoroughly dry with a towel
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika (if using) and black pepper
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil. Evenly spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan
- Bake until the seeds are toasted and crunchy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes for even toasting and check for doneness with each stir by tasting a seed for crunchiness
- Transfer the roasted pumpkin seeds to a bowl to cool down
I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Halloween. Even in these crazy times, there are still ways to celebrate safely. If you need any ideas, here’s an article to get them from!