This month, dessert is on the menu! And we’ve got a light, sugary and sometimes tart recipe for you – Lemon Drop Cookies! We made these last weekend and they turned out delicious! The only change we’d make is to make sure you use parchment paper on your cookie tray to make it easier to remove these sugary goodness concoctions with ease! Thanks to Taste of Home for the idea!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cream and zest. Combine the flour, lemon drops, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks