Is there anything better than a fresh-from-the-oven loaf of bread with a warm cuppa? YES! Fresh-from-the-oven, homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread!
And this one, as Jordan noted, is AMAZING! It’s got all the feels of a cool, crisp fall morning, wrapped in a soft blanket, lounging on the couch or maybe on a deck chair, just watching the world go by.
So delicious and simple, this recipe from AllRecipes.com gets 4.5 stars, is quick to put together and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Give it a try and let us know how it works out!
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon; set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup of sugar. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour half the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle with half the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then on a wire rack to cool further. Gather a blanket, pick a spot on the couch and enjoy!