It’s getting chilly out there! For some (like us!) that means the crockpot comes out of storage and soup making starts happening once again. This recipe is warm, comfy and so very delicious that we needed to share it with you!
- 2.5 lbs Russet potatoes- These are just your basic baking potatoes. They are usually called russet or Idaho potatoes and can be bought in 5 lb bags inexpensively in the produce section of any grocery store.
- 1 small onion (1/2 lb)- I use yellow or white in this recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth- You can use low sodium if desired or make your own chicken broth super easily as well.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese- I use regular Philadelphia cream cheese, but you can also sub light cream cheese here. Do not use fat free cream cheese as it does not melt the same way and will not work in this recipe.
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese- I like to use sharp because it gives you the most flavor without having to add tons and tons of it to the recipe, but if you are in a pinch you can use mild cheddar or mexican blend cheese.
- 1.5 cups heavy cream- This will be on the aisle with the milk and be labeled either heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Chop the potatoes into 2 in chunks and roughly chop the onion.
- Add the potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper to the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once it is done cooking open the lid and add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cream. Use a potato masher to blend the soup together for a very slightly chunky loaded potato soup, or an immersion blender for a super smooth loaded potato soup.
- Top with your choice of toppings and ENJOY!
The housing market remains strong in Rochester and the surrounding area with Sellers still generally receiving multiple offers for their homes. As we move further into the colder months, the number of homes on the market traditionally decreases but, so far, we’re not seeing that. Whether you’re buying or selling a home, let us know! We would be honored to help you through the process or answer any questions you may have about the buying or selling process.